Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Strictly Chicago!!

Well...I haven't been bc exactly but I was doin something else...and was quite caught up with that. Anyways I am back to bug u all...The Katrina chaos is almost over....Schools in Illinois have been filled with students frm the New Orleans...wanting to continue their education. A lot of students from my University and many other...have been volunteering down there. Ok enuf of Katrina..i think its been in the news too long..I dont wanna get anyone down with more news. But one thing is for sure....They are rebuilding the entire city from scratch and I bet its gonna be better than every other city in the world.

Been to chicago this long weekend...and man the place is amazing...I still like New York downtown..for the buzz and the skyscrapers...but Lake Michigan is huge...it shud b called Sea Michigan....The beach and the blue sea...its really wonderful. I didnt know that the whole downtown of Chicago had burned down all thanks to a cow...and they rebuilt the entire thing.....
Also an interesting fact i wanna share with you all...though many of might already know...well..Chicago was the first city to build skyscrapers....I particularly liked the lakeshore drive....though i managed to sleep thru most of it...but we did drive by there in the evening and it was really good.The view frm the john hancock observatory is particulary thrillin as u view the navy pier and the sea...

The fireworks at the NavyPier was really good...though i enjoyed the ID4 fireworks in St.Louis more...they have the BubbaGump Shrimp Company at the navy pier...I have seen the same outlet at Times'Square...so did Forrest Gump really exist?? thas another topic to discuss altogether. coincidentally i watched a part of that movie yday...yet again...it shares the top of the list of my favorite movies with many other movies......ok am rambling..let me stick to chicago...strictly Chicago..

Shoppin at Devon Street was fun...we went crazy over all the veggies we got there...the streets are filthy...the traffic is desi crazy..the hotels were good...helped myself to butter masala dosa...and idli...oh man! i miss Saravana Bhavan and MTR restaurants and esp...Mansukh's.....i miss those good old days in chennai....its not like india...though they say it is...driving in downtown and towards the suburbs in the city is a nightmare....believe me its worse...

I am not done talking abut Katrina....and Ophelia has started raging...my sister ws driving back home and she was yelling..i cant see anythin on the road its pouring cats and dogs....well...its the season of the storms again....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

met thiru by any chance?

Random Access said...

So is Chicago also one of ur all time fav movies from now on? ;)

Atleast I do get to eat in Komalas and Saravana Bhavan in this part of the world ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Random Access said...

Juz wondering...

Tsunami was in the news for abt a week..And left thousands dead. Katrina is there in the news for abt a month now. London blast was there in the news for 2-3 days. WTC thingy was almost dragged half a year. Izit really worth it? Or juz cos it happened in the "oh so rich n powerful US". Whatever me thinks nature is showcasing tht "dude, u aint so powerful n indestructible as u think"

A thousand nuclear weapons aint a match for water :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!