Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Things have changed

A lot of things have changed since my last post. Its spring now and well can you believe that there were slight flurries in MA today? Well it is true. It was raining in the morning and then toward the evening there was snow!

I like the poem by T.S.Elliot

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers.
Summer surprised us, coming over the Starnbergersee
With a shower of rain; we stopped in the colonnade,
And went on in sunlight, into the Hofgarten,
And drank coffee, and talked for an hour.


Yup it is true. Its April and a friend of mine said smthing in German which meant that April can do whatever it wants.

I am particularly happy to see a lot of daffodils again reminds me of wordsworth. That was the poem I read in my 5th grade and it made no sense then. but rite now I google for it and keep reading it every now and then.

Quoting Wordsworth




I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon the inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils"

I really enjoy this poem till date. I dont know how many of you have the patience to read it but believe me its really beautiful.

Its nice to post something after a long break.

In India we celebrate the coming of spring with Holi. The festival of colors.
"aaya saawan jhoom ke" and so many songs associated with saawan and the colors of holi.

You can find beautiful Cherry blossoms in DC and Boston(of course new england is known widely for its fall colors) Its not started blooming as yet in the city where I live, looking forward to that so that I can shoot some crazy pictures...like crazy...
If any of you find any more poems on spring do let me know.
Thas for today.
signing off...






1 comment: