Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Daffodil festival, Meriden CT


daffodil , originally uploaded by digijinx.

I was so looking forward to this festival since it was my first real shot at spring. The Daffodils, the early bloomers. This is an annual festival at Meriden,CT and I was looking forward to a whole batch of daffodils (they said there would be 600,001 of them) all in the same place, but they were spread out in batches all over Hubbard Park and it was actually fun going around trying to spot them. They were everywhere. Soon as we got down from the bus I spotted them.

Quoting Wordsworth
"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
When all at once I saw a crowd
A host of golden yellow daffodils
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze..."

That was the first thought on my mind and it was clicking time.Amidst all the crowd and the food and the fun I managed to get some decent shots of the golden yellow daffodils.

The food at the festival was awesome too. I had the best waffles there.along with funnel cakes,cotton candy.

Here is the link to the whole set. Enjoy!

No comments: