Monday, April 02, 2007

West is West….


IMG_6903a
Originally uploaded by digijinx.
Quoting Rudyard Kipling
“Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;”
I managed to visit the beauty of the west sometime last year. I know this post is very late, but better late than never. The serene Pacific sunset was always a dream to watch and I am happy I got to see it for real by the Monterrey beach. The bustling city of SFO and the alluring waves of the lover’s point beach at Monterey. Life sure is fun in the west. The Ghirardelli square on the SFO bay, the fisherman’s wharf….man the list is endless. I have like a zillion friends out there in the West especially in this city and I managed to meet all of them thanks to V and S. They were my tour guides throughout the trip, Thank you soooo much. (Hope you are reading this).

Parking in downtown is one big problem and even otherwise its parallel parking everywhere definitely not my cup of tea. Day 1 was SFO visit and boy it was a beautiful city. I was trying so hard to get some good shots of the Golden Gate Bridge and managed to click only one, which turned out to be the only good shot in my whole trip. The Muir woods and taking quite a long walk to see the tiny lady bugs. That place is mystical and heavenly. The redwood trees are humungous. I like any place by the beach, its always beautiful. The crooked street (Lombard Street) drive and people do live there. I think they are crazy. Fisherman’s wharf is a nice place to walk around. So many things happening there. Even the slightest thing could draw a huge crowd. There was guy there who had a big branch in his hand and kept popping out of it and he was a crowd puller. You also get a glimpse of Sea-Lions and you get to view the sunset by the golden gate bridge.
Monterrey is another beautiful place which one must visit. I had also visited the Hindu temple in Livermore. Of course the Saravana Bhavan in Sunnyvale, I met a couple of my undergrad friends there for dinner.

All in the entire trip was just wonderful, yet I could not wait to get back to the east, to get home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like an exciting experience.... Hoping to feel it soon... :-)

Rambler registries said...

It sure was. Dunno who you are, but am sure you wud enjoy the west too.

Anonymous said...

this is V and S referred in this blog entry....Is Zillion = 4 ?.. tour guides nu solli kevala padithitaa....next time, I see you roaming around the bay area by foot :-)

Rambler registries said...

@V&S: Not sure if you met all my friends. I met quite a few of them at dinner in S.Bhavan and yes I didn't meet all of them there.