Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The wait


I have defied hail storms, gusty winds, snow falls, heat waves and stood the test of time and weather. I have seen kids grow up, I have listened to many sad stories, I have witnessed many happy endings. I have played home to many homeless. It has not been easy. I have bore the brunt of wrath and hatred, been hit (I almost died once ,a bus almost killed me once), been spit on, (Thank heavens for the rain, I am all clean and shiny...although a bubble bath once in a while wouldn't hurt). Once in a while I do carry the wet paint sign, yet people touch me to really believe it! Its been a long journey and I carry with me so many memories. Now I am all old and dead beat and yet still wait for those happy moments when I can serve tired legs, when I can listen to those laughter and giggles. I am still waiting.... for that damn bus to comeby on TIME! Am waiting...

6 comments:

stargazer said...

Steel soul of mild lady cast and moulded by events (cast? How come? as it happened of over a span...she has to be tempered!)
Those that rendered her tough. Such events if perhaps too quickly could leave the soul of a man brittle.

About the comment-

It would be appreciated by someone who knows a little about heat treatment of mild-steel/cast iron.

And a little too upsetting for a feminist maybe (?)

PS: It is sure a matter of philosophical debate if the soul has a gender.

A good one though.

Hussain said...

whats wrong with u? u still need to get married?

Rambler registries said...

@Lkanth,hussain: i just thought it was a simple story. nothing else to it. God knows from where you derive all this! MEN!! phew!....I have to write another story for that topic.

Bharat said...

That is really a gooooood one!

gagjazz said...

who are u wat is ur name

Rambler registries said...

@gagjazz: Why do you care?