Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Whale watching in the Cape Cod

Nothing can describe this experience. I was skeptical at first too...when I was thinking about whale watching..but when you really see them...gosh they are humungous and specatcular. The videos are a little shaky because the ferry kept bobbing up and down with the waves, so the quality is not so good and may be the videos are not that spectacular since they were shot with the canon powershot A510



Did you know that waves leave footprints on the water too? The oil from their bodies washes out to the surface and creates a big circular oil slick! (whales are hunted for this oil), the males are BULLS and the females COWS and the young are calves. On my whale watching trip in the Atlantic Ocean I spotted 22 Humpback whales.



There was this one whale named Anchor, who did the flipping (officially termed as Breaching...and also Lobtailing) That was really something special. I was watching it flip so I did not really bother to capture it...may be another time. The lobtailing video is the last one.

No comments: