Saturday, October 06, 2007

Harvard...


Harvard, originally uploaded by digijinx.

A friend of my mine had visited me a while ago and I had been to Harvard,MIT..Boston et all with her. This was probably the first time I have set foot on the campus. Harvard is all old style architecture...while MIT stands tall with its multi-storeyed buildings. I personally liked Harvard a lot for its authentic looks and I bet the campus would look lovely in Fall. Its right outside he Harvard square station on the Red line to the campus. Once you get in ...John Harvard welcomes you sitting on his pedestal. Its quite a huge campus and we didn't explore it all..but spent a considerable amount of time there.

Ofcourse here is the link to the whole set of photos

The next thing that always interests me about Harvard is you get to play chess for a small amount @Harvard square. I met this Russian who was waiting to play chess there and you know how that is...Never play chess with a Russian...unless you want to lose. Anyway jokes apart, he also teaches this game and he was very friendly and posed for a few shots.

Next stop was MIT. The campus is a short walk from the Kendall/MIT station. Took a couple of pictures here and there. I really did not spend a lot of time on this campus. The walk to the campus is really nice though with a lot of flags in the median...(hmm..I wonder why they have it)

On that note...I bid adieu...will post more travelogues soon.

~RR

No comments: