Monday, October 01, 2007

Maine Mania..Magic..yet again

It was one awesome trip yet again and I had the best time in one of Nature's most treasured corners, Maine. Trying something different in this post with more pictures. Of course in case you don't want to read through the post...
here is the link to the whole set of photos

Here is the link to the post from my visit to Maine last year (2006 FALL)...there are some pictures here too...


I went up to Moosehead lake yes..again...and made a couple of stops on the way to click some shots....beautiful colors...wild flowers...workhorses..
wild flowers...fall colors in the background

There was this one beautiful house with awesome colors and this flower here was shot right opp to that. There are pictures of the house et all in flickr as usual. The horses were in a nice setting and they were very majestic and royal. They were workhorses..and they were well..not working..Two's company...

Our first stop was Houston Brook falls and we almost missed it. The pleasant ridge plantation was a good landmark and we hiked through the woods to catch a glimpse of the Houston Brook falls and it finally reaches the Wyman lake...You can catch a clear view of Wyman lake from the falls. Its absolutely beautiful

Houston Brook Falls

Moosehead lake did not disappoint me so much even though I went a week ahead of peak foliage season. I completed all the scenic drives and it was funny because we were trying to spot a Moose and ended up seeing a lot of deers. The drive to Kokadjo from Greenville was really scenic. I enjoyed clicking pix of the Blair mountain from a distance at the First roach pond

First Roach pond,Kokadjo..heaven falls right here

The last scenic drive Greenville-Monson-Willimantic Loop was the most adventurous of all...it was spectacular with the wilson stream flowing and little cascades. People were camping right on the cliff! I wish I had done that! sigh!!
The view as we entered this loop was breathtaking with the Borestone and Barren mountains at a distance.

Fall colors at Wilson Stream..a cascade

We also spotted deers on this drive and it was really a very narrow lane..allowing us very little freedom to make constant pit stops. We still managed to do so..and I clicked this deer.

In the wild...he was terrified I believe seeing us

I was disappointed since I could not do the floatplane ride and I was so looking to click from the plane...it was too windy on the Saturday that I went...and I just had to take it.


Day2 was spent entirely at the Acadia National Park. Its on Mount Desert island and it is a national park...how kewl can that be??

We started off with the intention of visiting the otter cliffs and the Bass Harbor head lighthouse..but ended up doing a lot more. We did the whole loop at the Acadia National Park. The Park loop is the most travelled one of all in this Park. There were some beautiful bridges. You could see people hiking, biking and exploring this beautiful park.

Park Loop road...view of ottercliff at a distance


There were lots of viewing spots with good parking space for a glimpse of fall colors as we drove up the Cadillac mountain to the summit point. It is named so because of Mr.Antoine Cadillac...who owned these islands once and also well was the one who founded Detroit..and yes..his name lives on with GM's luxury cars..Cadillac. Interestingly it is the highest point in the Atlantic coast(1530 ft) On our way up the Cadillac mountain we spotted a stubborn seagull. It had a good spot and wasn't budging from there...no matter what.

view from cadillac mountain ..the eagle lake


We also went to the otter cliffs. Otter cove point..the other sidepeople were up there..painting the cliffs. Otter cove point was absolutely beautiful

Otter cove point, Park Loop road

Finally it was time for us to windup and head towards the BassHarbor head light house and I was disappointed with the view at first as I directly went close to the lighthouse. I had seen pix of this lighthouse with rocks and the sea..and I could not get any of that shot. Then I when I came out..I saw a sign leading to the Bass Harbor head lighthouse..trail..I took that and voila..I had my shot. it was absolutely amazing.

Bass Harbor Head light house

All good things had to come to an end so did this one. I had a blast clicking pix.

2 comments:

Vivek said...

Pics are super!

Rambler registries said...

thanks vivek! I am really looking forward for some clix from you..other than the scene boys and scene gals...