Sunday, May 18, 2008

Albany Tulip Festival


tulips, originally uploaded by digijinx.


Dutch tulips from their beds
Flaunted their stately heads.
- James Montgomery, The Adventure of a Star


I thought, I almost missed this one, but I didnt. This (Albany Tulip Festival) is a beautiful flower festival that happens in Washington park in the heart of Albany every year around Mothers day weekend. I decided to go there after the festival so that there would be less people and I could shoot the flowers in peace. This year I was surprised to find some tulips with fringes..like lace trimmings at the end, like the one in the picture here. It was yet another beautiful thing to do in Spring.

Here is the link to the whole set, do give yourself enough time as there are 100 odd pictures there.

No comments: