Monday, May 26, 2008

Stanley Park


orton effect on the pink flowers, originally uploaded by digijinx.

Stanley Park came as a pleasant, am being subtle it came down as a huge... surprise to me as I headed down there for a little while (which turned out to be the whole day). The drive into the park greeted me with pink,red and purple tulips..and I guessed wow..this is a start ..more tulips and I really didn't expect what came next.

Of course for those of you who do not wish do read this post here is the link to the whole set!! enjoy! There are some pix here and there in this post.

I moved into the rose garden and there was a wedding party there getting pix clicked by the tower. And I also got lucky with a shot a bee on a pretty purple flower.



This is an interesting spot in the park where there is a big tower and some flags hoisted and there is a map of North America on the pavement and kids were playing guessing the states on that.and then there is the rose garden in front of it with two gazebos and a kewl fountain in the middle(where the water sprays crazy with the wind). Of course there were people throwing pennies in the pond. :) There are some benches here and there.

Though the roses weren't in bloom, the lilacs filled the entire garden with their intoxicating fragrance. I have always wondered how maple flowers look like and this time I guess I got lucky to spot them or not!! These were tiny pink ones on the tree.




Check them out in the set. I simply love flowers and you can tell that already. I could hear the sound of water gushing as I stopped clicking these lilacs and clicked some red and white azaleas that were together, makes one contrasting picture and was really kewl to click them.



There was also this statue of a boy and a gal holding an umbrella and it was raining on their parade there, just there. I walked down the path only to find this big pond/lake..let me call it a lake and i cud still hear the sound of water gushing and I just couldn't make out where it was coming from.


There were ducks and swans swimming near the water shed kind of thing with a waterwheel and there was a small waterfall filling up this end of the lake. There was also a covered bridge right in front of me and when I looked to the side there was this huge bridge taking you to the other end where there is a bench..(believe me its sooo serene just to sit there). I wasnt going there yet, need to click all these dont i?


I stopped to smell the lilacs, took a little walk on the bridge and then the tower was playing a song for the newly weds. I heard from the park security that there were actually a total of 4 weddings that day! I walked along the trail to click some squirrels, but nope..they ran away. I wandered along and clicked some purple Plymouth flowers and well..then I noticed this huge bed of light and dark pink flowers by a small wooden bridge. Perfect setting for an Orton effect on a picture. :) I went crazy clicking them.


I then walked along the bridge to the other end to sit on that serene bench and well..I found a tiny little waterfall on the way there and I had to stop to click that. It was really fascinating to click that. With a mild breeze, it was just a picture perfect day. :)

The other end also had its share of surprise, there was a frog pond with a little stone bridge and some croaking frogs and water lilies. I walked along the entire length, took a break on bench..and then reluctantly walked back the trail to get to the main entrance and then went around to the football fields. There were some interesting violets and pretty pink thingys there. I also visited the Japanese rock garden.


All in all it was one eventful evening at Stanley Park and to think I missed visiting this place the last couple of years!! Thats something altogether. That was my first day of adventure this loong weekend. More posts and pix to come, keep watching this space.

No comments: