Thursday, May 19, 2005

trying to keep up!

I am trying to keep up with my blogs..and me...Its thursday today and we have a cookout party at the workplace..and well..since am a strict and stickler for veggie food..i need to cook something..to eat there...lets talk about Trendy Thursday....

Its gonna be about fashion and trends....God help all those who read this piece of crap!!

Think of trends and well think of Paris...The fashion capital of the world..but na..naa..am not gonna write about it..am gonna write about chennai..or as I like to call it....Madras..
Last august when I went home..I ws surprised to see Madras like that...the cell phone mania and the fm stations have caught up....its getting cosmopolitan everyday...when i went for a stroll in the beach I was surprised to see the sundal paiyan..with a cell phone calling up his friend and asking ..."enna da undhu ellam vithiruchaa?"(did u sell all of it?) wow man!! now thas wat I call..advancement...even the mass gets wat the class has...that boasts of advancement in technology..and affordability...

I still remember being stared at when I used to travel bindaas in buses in my sleeveless shirts and jeans and capris...but now those days are left far behind....chennai is trying to catch up with the global trends..the spending capacity of the people has increased...and well people are out there living their life..ths nice aint it??? i have been to the trendy cosmo bangalore too..never ventured into the streets of mumbai..bangalore is way too kewl..i remember my cousin telling me that he had his freshers party in a pub!! thas too much i wud say...not that am a stickler for old fashion and prim and perfection... and stuff like that..am very much a rebel..but still a desi at heart...

u can still see people adorned in traditional salwars...but with a twist..the short kurtas are catching up..and the guys are wearing trendy kurtas...and shorts...and cargos..the pant with one hundred pockets..i wud wear one..but lose all the stuff i keep in those pockets...i still remember shopping for kewl pants in besant nagar and egmore..pantheon road shops...
the heat of the summer is beating up the streets of chennai now..and u can see ppl rushing to buy cotton salwars...sari's...a gal definitely looks pretty when she is draped in a saree with all the matching accessories....whenever we used to wear sari's we used make a big fuss out of it...well that was fun though..for us..but not for the others...the chicken work salwars...pretty and comfy in pure cotton....yet given a choice i wud b comfy in my shorts and my sleeveless shorts to beat the summer....newhere...in the world...


Madras..reminds me of the auto rides..the rides on my two wheeler...i miss the city though...the beach...wherever i am madras is home to me...and will always stay close to my heart...

No comments: