Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Foliage White Mountains,NH-Weekend getaway

White mountains, NH as such is always a hit or miss for me. I end up being there for early peak or past peak. May be next time I should get it right. Timing is everything for fall colors isn't it? The drive thru I-91N via Vermont was very very scenic. In fact VT had more colors than NH! sigh!

This time I took the Mt.Washington Cog Railway and it was chugging along at 3 mph to the summit. At the summit they give you 20 mins or so..some say its less, some say its more...I say its less, but it was 29°F up there with the wind playing complete havoc. If I had spread my hands a little further, I could have had the wind beneath my wings to soar in the skies above. I was able to get this interesting shot from the summit with the ice on the rocks. Then we drove around the Kancamagus highway and stopped for shots making stops at all the cascades and falls.

Here is the link to the entire set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work behind the camera. You seem to have mastered the art.

Rambler registries said...

thanks for the comments geeglu and thanks for being a regular on my blog. I am still a trying to be pro..very far from there! But nonetheless its lots of fun to click.