Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tulips..yet again


luv this one! orange and tangy
Originally uploaded by digijinx.
I did warn you all that tulips would be my flower of choice for spring..and true to my word...my macro experiments still continue.
I owe this big time to my camera...Canon powershot A510 ...you rock big time!! This time in Albany,NY. A couple of my colleagues and me set out to enjoy the sun and the flora at the 59th annual tulip festival at the Washington Park,in Albany,NY. A very short drive from our place(some adv. of being near the Atlantic). Yet again it was festival and true to its word..there were hot dog stands, fresh lemonade a thirst quencher, funnel cakes, fried dough...and a band playing on stage...people out with their foldable chairs, picnic baskets,food,beer,..freebies,sale tents...gosh..it was complete chaos, with the weather being so nice and all. We did face issues with parking close to the park, managed to find one like 5 blocks away and then it was picnic time. Drove there straight to have lunch ...our very own picnic. Was really nice.

With fuel to the stomach, it was time to gear up the lenses and start some clicking. To be honest I was kind of confused as to what to click, where to start. There were people all over the place..obviously this is one of the biggest crowd puller in Albany. I had to get my shots and not get the crowd..a very tricky concept. I was upto the challenge, took some shots lying down on the ground(thats not something new is it??) For the first time I say layered petalled tulips. The combinations in which they were placed was just eye catching. I was clicking away...Was just fun. I got decent shots of the tulips I had not clicked before. The sunlight was just perfect for my shots..when I was lying down on the grass to take them...The flowers then looked like they were drenched with the sunlight. Picture perfect I would say.

Then we just sat down to enjoy the tulips and park in general. It was then time to head home and see how the pix turned out.

Enjoy!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truely a PERFECT PICTURE!!! I must admit ur capturing skill is just perfect.. Keep going... :-)

Rambler registries said...

@geeglu: Thanks for being a regular on my blog. I ask again...Do I know you??

Anonymous said...

I am afraid not!! I feel knowing a person thru these travelogues and blogs is more fun.. :-)

Rambler registries said...

yup! I agree . I reckoned I knew that's all.

Bharat said...

Aaaah! u changed ur name?! tried opening today morning and I was like...what happened?!!...checked the spelling a million times....

Rambler registries said...

@bharat:hey..was just experimenting. back to good old myscribblingpad. you dont have worry abut spellings now..unless u wanna be the spelling bee!!

Rambler registries said...

@bharat:Also curious to know how u found me?

ESIH said...

i love tulips too..and they are indeed the color of spring...trying visiting the tulip festival over at Seattle, its worth the time n sight :)

Rambler registries said...

@sush:Yes they sure are worth it. go enjoy urself. :)