Sunday, June 18, 2006

Magic wings.


magicwings 005
Originally uploaded by digijinx.

Last weekend I had been to a butterfly conservatory near my place and man the place is just well...a fantasy like paradise! I have always been chasing butterflies and well used to consider that if I place a butterfly on my forehead I would find some money. I guess everyone would have done something like this with butterflies I also loved just chasing them around trying to catch them. Later on when I grew up I always tried to click a butterfly with my camera. Now for people like such crazy fantasies this place is Paradise! Its a treat to your eyes and is a carnival for the photographer. Situated in a greenhouse with an area of over 8000 square feet, you can find more than 3000 butterflies fluttering and greeting you. I was just stupified by the wonderful color and symmetry and was questioning who was the designer that God used to create such a beautiful thing on this planet.

The wings so soft
You dont hear them flutter
They fly away,
With the sound of your patter

Red,Blue,Green,Yellow
The colors so vivid
When you are around them
The ambience is limpid.

The wings flutter so soft you can hardly hear them near you and they come and sit on your nose, ears,cheeks, eyes,lips,arms,legs...well..just about anywhere. And well if they like you they just take a ride on you till you are ready to leave the place.


I came to know that there are postman butterflies and they feed on passion flowers and retain the poison of these flowers and if some predators try to eat these butterflies, the poison doesnt kill them but gets them sick enough to stay away frm these butterflies. smart aint it?

There was this Indian leaf butterfly which looked like a leaf and also like a lip. There were the blue ones..didnt quite catch their name and then there were two dragon lizards..sugar and spice and they were cute names for those lizards well i am not a big fan of lizards so i dont think i will say more.
there was this busy humming bird just fluttering around. its so tiny and so fast. i know they can fly backwards too. supposed to be one of the fastest birds and they have clocked speed as high 45mph. and they dont like honey.
and some small tiny birds didnt catch their name too but they looked like some kinda fowl. there also was a parrot.

I got to click some nice pics of these butterflies, I wont say they are great but well they came out pretty decent. Enjoy and if you have a conservatory near you visit the place. and as an entry ticket they put a butterfly tattoo on ur hand! kewl huh!click on the picture to link to flick for more of these butterflies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a cool write up!!

Rambler registries said...

@the photographer, thanks to you I went to this place.

Badri said...

Where are the other photos? ur flickr?? i will chk out.

Rambler registries said...

@badri: yes they are linked thru flickr. just click on the foto on the blog and it will take you there.

Sashanka said...

Great, Grat pictures.