Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Rain

THE RAIN

The mighty rain
Was pouring down.
Everything was drenched
Wet,Wet was the whole town.


People were running for shelter
Some just walked on
With umbrellas and coats
They just kept moving along.

Jumping over puddles,
The flooded streets,
The storm not ceasingOh!
its such a wonderful treat!


Across the horizon
A flash of lightning,the garrulous thunder
The rain drops touch the earth
And she gives up to this sweet surrender

Slowly it reduces to a drizzle
The sweet smell of sand
The croak of the frog
Just how beautiful looks this land

I play shaking a small tree
Making the leaves drip and drop
The sun peeks through the clouds
There's that rainbow-pop

Hands stretched out
I had danced in this rain
I had relished and enjoyed every drop
Now I wish it would start pouring down again.

Yup its raining here...

2 comments:

Random Access said...

Beautiful verse :) I could smell the rain :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to just cry after reading this one, owsome creation.

U do not need me but some how i love your creation.