Friday, June 30, 2006

Wild Wheels..the winner of the contest.

Had been to see the sand sculpture competition up on Hampton Beach, in NH and man it was just awesome. I made it there almost before it got dark, so I got to see the sculptures in the daylight and also with lights on. They had special fireworks too. this is like an annual event and the first price winner is wht you see in the picture here. its a lady driving a dragon shaped motorcycle. the second place winner was regret..click on the foto to take u to flickr for more fotos.
Since it was raining the whole week, I was kinda curious as to how come the sculptures stayed intact, then they told me that it was pond sand and it sets firm and intact with moisture. It wasnt raining when I went this week, thanks to one of my friend I got to know about this event. I think they should promote it worldwide to bring out the artistic talents of people. Its almost a week's work seven days of sculpting...man that is too painstaking since the intricate details are more important.
dont miss this event if its happening near you smwhr.

No comments: