Friday, November 03, 2006

Haunted Halloween!


IMG_6776
Originally uploaded by digijinx.
I wanted to write this post on Halloween but I was busy caught up doing all crazy things and could not get around doing it. This Halloween I had awesome fun and an amazing time! I don’t want to bore anyone with the history of Halloween (honestly speaking…I myself don’t know what it is all about. You can always Google for answers)
This post is about what I did for Halloween. The following can be classified into that category:
Went on a Haunted Hayride
Went to the Halloween fest in Salem, M.A.
Dressed up as a witch and flew on my broomstick!(and no am not the witch in the picz. its just a mannequin)
Made a magic wand
Went to a fright fest


Now let me elaborate a little bit on these. Hayrides were always fun! I miss the hayrides back in Keith’s (a friend of mine who lives back in Illinois) farm. We used to be dragged around on the tractors, carts filled with hay cubes, Marlin and Daniel popping out of the blue and scaring the beegeeses out of me. Regretting the first time I did not take my warm jacket to keep me out of the cold…but I enjoyed it every time. I always made sure I took the last ride not many commuters, so I could lie down and I loved gazing at the stars on a lucid, cold night! Come back to hot chocolate and then there is campfire where you can spot Linda, Kudzai, Beth singing away! Making smores, over-roasting the marshmallows still eating the smores anyways, fighting with each other to grab the stick to roast the marshmallows, the Hershey’s chocolates half eaten before they went into the smores! The little odd games that we used to have during this hayride evening. I always had fun, I never wanted to go back home after the rides. Miss all you guys.
Ok now back to the hayride I went on this time, it was a long line to get the tickets and then another hour to get on to the tractors. There was this guy donning a mask who kept coming with different props and scaring the hell out of people while we were waiting. That was supposedly a sneak preview to what was in store at the farm when on the ride. It was a good one though, there was a bloodsucking vampire, a psycho Steve, and some demons may be. They were armed with electric saws and baseball bats and cropped out of no where and kept terrorizing people all the way. It was fun, I screamed my lungs out. Since I knew what was coming I was not that scared but I must admit screaming was lots of fun.
There was this tunnel kind of thing where they played haunted music and closed both ends of it and there were all these scary people around to terrify you. That was the grand finale of the hayride. Then we walked into a haunted house on the farm and one room was completely dark and it was quite spooky to walk through those. Finally it ended with a walk through a corn maze. A cold night, no hot chocolate or warm campfire. It still was fun slightly marred by drunken teenagers sitting next to me and who were totally insanely intolerable creatures. They were worse than the masked musketeers!


Salem, Massachusetts is famous for the witch trials in the 1600’s. I learnt quite a bit about it watching Sabrina, the teenage witch and then of course I have Googled and gained a lot of knowledge about the city. Someone suggested it would be the best place to visit for Halloween since they always have a Halloween fest. So decided to visit the so called place. Hit heavy traffic and even almost changed my mind, but ended up going there anyways. When I went there I felt I was in Diagon alley (if you have read Harry Potter you would know). There were all kinds of stuff being sold there wings, crazy hats, wands, hotdogs. There was Edward Scissorhands, bikers dressed up as werewolves. I visited the psychic fair and got my present, past and future read by a tarot card reader and orb reader. The highlight of the whole trip was when I dressed up as a witch and cast a spell with a wand and took off on my broomstick. Felt like I was in a Harry Potter book with my purple robe, cape and pointed witch’s hat lined with purple feathers! Everywhere I spotted people dressed up mostly as witches and wizards. It was one crazy town, was total fun being there.

The night before Halloween went to six flags for the fright fest. Took the superman ride yet again! It was one helluva ride. Then walked through the trail of terror. Since I had already been to the haunted hayride, I knew what to expect in the trail of terror though some small kids were scared and did not even enter the happy valley (that’s what they called it). All in all Halloween was very, very exciting and lots of fun.

No comments: