Thursday, November 09, 2006

The unsaid part 19

When you are almost reaching the end of the story you get to the point where you say..
Am done reminding people...

The Unsaid part 19


Jenny was shocked to hear this “Why does this always happen to me? Anyway, he did not treat me bad. So I’ve got nothing to lose. I had a wonderful evening, had a great dinner. Well, if I am single I think I’ll have to put up with all this. But definitely not with jerks like Pete. What does he think of himself?” she kept thinking and fell asleep.


Pete entered his apartment. “Hey man what’s up. How was your hot date?”, Allan enquired

“The best evening of my life. I wish I could tell you more, but I gotta get some sleep man” and he went off to bed. Allan was left wondering.

“Hey Pete! I hope you know that you are my best man and don’t forget about my bachelor’s party.”

“Sure man”, Pete yelled back. “Now I have to get some sleep. I am too tired.

It was almost a week after their first date. Pete decided he would call up Jenny. He did not know why, but he liked her. He thought they would be great together. He dialed her number. In that past week he had thought of sending flowers to Jenny, but he thought that would be a very big step and decided not to do so.

“Hello can l talk to Jennifer please.”

“Ya! Pete I just got one thing to tell you. Stop bothering me.”

“Why ?Did I do anything wrong?”

“What happened? I think I have the right to know”

“Well I think you had a bet with your friend about taking me to dinner.”

“But Jenny…..”

“No buts, Yes or No?”


“Yes I did make a bet. But…”

“Well, that’s all I wanted to know. Good bye.” And she slammed the phone down.

“Hello..” Pete kept taking, but the line went dead.

“Well its fine, if she’s not interested, why should I bother” and he slammed the phone down.

“I don’t have to woo her I am not that kinda guy.” That’s how their love story began.

*********************************************************************************


Allan was very busy with arrangements for his wedding. He was hardly ever in the apartment. Pete felt he had the whole apartment to himself. They were busy posting cards, deciding on the guest list, fighting, making-up. Pete just loved to hear Allan talk. The guy was funny. He just watched Allan talk about his experiences with his wedding arrangements. It was humorous.

“Take my word, Pete. Don’t get married. If you ever get married, don’t get married on Feb. 14th. There’s something about that day, that gets people excited.”


*********************************************************************************

Steve called up Jenny and told her the good news. Jenny was happy for him.

“You know Steve, its time you settled down in life. I believe you are marrying the squint-eyed girl friend of yours. Tell her that I want to meet her soon I’ve lots of things to tell her.”

“Don’t even dream about it. That’ll never happen”

“Well, we’ll see about that Steve. She’s my good friend you know. We need to talk. I’ll call her up.”

“Don’t even dare to lift your finger to dial her number. I know, what you have to tell her.”

“Nice try, Steve”. “Good bye…” and she hung up.


*********************************************************************************


Andy was in Philadelphia now with his sister. He was on medication. He had consulted his psychiatrist and he advised him to go on medication as his stress level was too high. You must control yourself. Don’t get emotional over anything. Andy then decided his only cure was Jenny and he called her.

“Jenny, Andy here”,

“What do you want now, Andy?”

“I don’t want to bother you, but I think I am going crazy with out you. Why didn’t you stop me when I was going out? I think about you Jenny. I don’t know what I was doing.”

“You’ve given me all that enough and more reasons to hate you Andy. Tell me what’s new or keep the phone down. I am sick and tired of going through this trauma again and again. Stop calling me. If you dare, I’ll call the cops. Take my word. Get over our relationship. Face it. Its over I have moved on and I think you should too. Good bye Andy. Take care of yourself” and she hung up the phone.

It was the 23rd of January and Jenny was busy with her movie. She had talked to the chief Executive Producer of 20th Fox Pictures and they had decided to start shooting in a month. So Jennifer had very little time on her hands where in she had to throw a bridal shower for Charlotte (Steve and Charlotte were planning to enter wedlock somewhere in the 1st week of March. They had not yet decided on the date) write the script for the movie and also continue her job for the sitcom series. It was going to be one hell of a month for her.

The producers had consulted with her for the casting, and they had decided on everything. It was all set to start by the end of February. She had very little time to squeeze in everything.Pete got a call from the producers and he was asked to come in for a brief introduction to the story session, so that he would understand the characters well and design accordingly when he walked into the hotel lobby of “The Millennium Hilton”, little did he realize, that he would run into Jenny again.


To be continued...

3 comments:

Vivhyd said...

thnx 4 commenting on my blog.. is this a series.. oh gosh.. part 19 and not close to end huh? love the pics esp on flickr.. some gr8 shots..

Vivhyd said...

hey.. novel!! cool.. am not a novel reader but if i ever get myself to reading a novel, this will be my first bet.. sure.. :).. i c tht u have travelogues and pix.. awesome.. i love to take pics too.. u cant be tempted.. theres so much beauty here.. got hooked on it too... started late thgh.. i do post some pics on my blog too but u wud have to search thru.. actually seeing urs I get an idea to may be classify those on my blogs esp the pics n travel part. may be i will do it sometime..

Vivhyd said...

tht shd read cant help being tempted..