Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall Foliage White Mountains,NH-Weekend getaway


The Pemigewasset River
Originally uploaded by
digijinx.

Yes yet another travelogue! This time I had been to the white mountains in New Hampshire! Paradise on earth I would name it. I did miss this place at the peak of fall,am very sure it would have been gorgeous ,no harm done still managed to catch the final glimpses of fall as the leaves are blown away by the wind. Not a sound but the rustle of leaves under your feet or the occasional chirping of the birds with the Pemigewasset River running in the backdrop its like the perfect place to be! I guess I say this about every place I visit! Can't help it Nature is marvellous. I have always been obsessed with fall I don't why may be the red,orange and yellow colors or the cold breeze or the gentle rain or the soft rustle of leaves under my feet...I could go on..the list is exhaustive. I am simply a die hard fan of fall thats all.I did write a poem abut my visit and am following it up with this post. As usual if you click on the photo it will take you to flickr for more!

All aboard at 7 am in the morning, a group of 16 of us set out in 4 cars to this place. As we crossed into Vermont, the drive was totally beautiful. It was foggy and we steered into clear roads with the sunlight peeping through the golden yellow leaves of fall, kissing the grass blades drenched in dew drops. It was a wonderful drive to get to another awesome place. The strangest thing was all our cell phones lost signal soon as we entered vermont!

Entering New Hampshire, we took the NH 118 route which was scenic. We made a lot of pitstops by teh stream, by a lake, and on the road and clicked a lot of pictures. Took a bunch of them as I was driving the car. The roads were all paved with gold. The fall leaves withered away and were ornately set on the curb and shoulder on the road giving it a very rich glow of yellow.

Reached Lincoln drove a bit on the Kancamagus Highway and took lunch on the Hobo Rail road along the Pemigewasset River. Fall colors on and off this place was a real treat as i kept clicking away with my camera as the train moved much to my annoyance! This picture on the post is one such painful effort!

Took the Franconia Notch trail to visit the Flume Gorge(a one and a half hour trail that totally tires you out but the roads leading to no where, the little cascades here and there, the fall foliage, the cold river water...this place was just magical. There were lots of little waterfalls along the trail in the Gorge.

Came back to end the journey with a visit to the Basin. I clicked some shots here, tried to imitate some wallpapers was not so successful!
Tired after a long day, we drove happily into the sunset after gathering a lot of glimpses and memories to treasure and cherish for our entire lives, along the long winding road to reach back home.

Goodbye Fall, Will miss you but...I am looking forward to seeing you again next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing! This time I have some visual effects closer to reality having had some self-experience;)

And a great snap too; not to mention the picturization as well!

Rambler registries said...

@Bharat: Yeah I read about your Vancouver trip.thnx for ur comments. still trying to learn photography and in the process of getting good at it.