Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The unsaid part 12

I got feedbacks saying am posting one too many posts and people are not able to catch up with the story...duh! its always here on my blog and you are welcome and read through it and then there are some who tell me that I should not make it yet another soap opera...must wind it up
ASAP. Paying heed to any of these requests I decided to post as often as I can and stretch the story as much as I can!!
Read on and don't forget to read the previous parts
Part 9 (has links to all the other parts)
to catch up with the story coz it will abs. make no sense to you if you don't read that and don't tell me i did not warn you, it wouldn't make any sense even if you get back to this post after reading the previous ones too! Am tired of this dialogue now..will come up with something else!!
The Unsaid Part 12
It was late, when everyone left and Jenny was too tired to clean up the mess. The girls went to bed and Steve camped on the couch. It was a very unusual situation for him, but all the day’s incidents made his eyelids heavy. The three of them were too tired to get up, when the phone rang the next day. But Jenny got up and picked it.
“Hello”, the voice on the other side.“Ms. Jennifer Rodricks please”.
“Yes, this is her”, she said.
“ I am calling on behalf of your agent to tell you that your story was selected. The producers are very happy and they would like you start, whenever you are ready”, he said.
“Okay. Tell them I’ll get back to them very soon,” she ended the conversation.
***********************************************************************************
Pete woke up, only to realize that it was not a dream. He couldn’t believe that he had a date with Jennifer Rodricks. He was excited. There was something about her that excited him. He had not slept till late in the morning. He was so excited, that he could hardly get to sleep that night. He kept thinking about what he would say to her, what they would talk about. Where they would be going, how she would look and every possible thing he could think about. He had never been so excited about seeing a girl before. He never understood why?

****************** *************** **********
Jenny was happy that her story had been accepted and she decided to start on it right away. She had told them if they liked he story, she would pen the dialogues.

She called her agent “Hello! Margaret, Jennifer here”.

“Hello Jennifer. Did you get the news? I am so happy for you dear”, she was a 45-year old woman, who was a very congenial and successful agent.

“Yes, tell them I’ll start right away with the dialogues. By the way ask them about the casting and tell them to talk to me tomorrow”
“Sure” and they hung up.

“Hey, you bunch of lazybones. Wake up”, Jenny tried to wake her brother.

“Steve, I’ve got something to tell you. You know I’m writing the story and dialogues for a new 20th Fox Production. Can you believe that?” Steve was not moving. He would rather have his sleep.

“Jenny, leave me alone. I have an awful headache. I gotta get some sleep, or else I think my head will explode.”

“C’mon Steve. This is big. Are you deaf or what?” She went off to take a shower, as Steve did not show any signs of getting up. She was whistling, “Pretty woman”, and was enjoying her bath. She got off the shower, dressed and took her laptop.

“Let me finish the first scene and then make breakfast. Oh my God! Its almost lunch”.

***************** *******************

Pete got up early, it was true no dreams for an insomniac. He got up and took the paper. He was flipping through the pages and suddenly something caught his eyes, even though he was not interested in reading the paper. It was just another ritual in he morning like getting up, brushing, having a bath, eating breakfast.
It read like this, it was an earmark titled Media Buzz.

"Late fiancé shows up at Jennifer Rodricks apartment. It was a complete fiasco. Will she make it to 20th Fox Pictures? Keep your fingers crossed. Will she write again?"
To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

@Will she write again?
only SP knows ;)

Rambler registries said...

@badri: :P