Thursday, October 26, 2006

The unsaid part 14

Here is part 14. Don't forget to catch up with the other parts to proceed. I had fun writing parts 11 to 15. Infact part 15 is my favorite! its to follow this post obviously!


The Unsaid part 14

Jennifer was looking forward to the date, in her own unique style. This was her first date with anyone else other than Andy. They had been together ever since, she could remember. She had forgotten all about the date in her excitement of the movie, but Pete’s call reminded her. Jennifer wanted to look casual and natural. She did not want to give him any ideas or any signals, that she was interested, though she really wanted to.

She first dressed herself in low cut strapless evening gown.

“No, that’s too formal and showy Jenny and it does send out all the signals. Makes me look like am all needy! Naa.. You are not going to an opera, and you look too revealing in this dress, she told herself.

She did not understand why she agreed to go out with Pete. She finally decided on a knee high Versace skirt in beige, with an embroidered blue tunic. She chose to wear her pearls; she felt she looked elegant in pearls. But to tell you the truth she looked ravishing and drop dead gorgeous. The pearls brought out the color of her lovely blue eyes. Jennifer had a good dress sense. One must admit that she was pampered and her natural instincts made her choose the right kind of clothes. She had this gift from her father. He was always impeccably dressed for any occasion. The phone rang, she picked it up.

“Hello Jenny! It’s Steve. I just called to check if you were ok?”

“I am sure. You know what I’m going out for a date in another half-an-hour. So, stop your mawkish statements. I’ve to get dressed you know.”

“Oh! So when you get a boy friend he steals you away from me. I am going to kick that guy. By the way, who is it?”

“I’ll tell you, after I get back. Wait a minute, why should I? it’s none of your business to poke your nose into my personal things, Mr. Peeping Tom” “Good bye” and she hung up the phone.

“Man! These girls”, Steve said as he slammed the phone down.

Jenny was all set to go. It was almost eight-thirty and the buzzer rang.

“Hi Jenny.” “Come on up Pete”. After a few minutes, Pete walked in. She had opened the door. He was amazed to feel amazed. She looked great & it look he was star struck.

“You look great!”, he uttered hesitantly.

“Thanks”. Do you want a drink?”, she queried. “No thanks. Shall we?”, he offered his hand.

“Let me just grab my jacket” she said.

to be continued...

No comments: