Wednesday, October 04, 2006

forever in my thoughts
This poem features in my third novel, the one am currently working on...
For different reasons, we might have parted ways
But my love, I still miss those good old days.
I might not have been
That close friend you always wanted me to be.
Yet there is still one thing that you must believe,
You are that someone special for me as long as I live.

Hand in hand, we walked beside each other,
Promising to be, forever, together.
But I guess down the road somewhere,
I lost hold of you and now I am no where.

I know I never bothered to bid goodbye
Never ever put a call through to say a “Hi”
Never wished you on your birthday.
Though I had a lot to say.
Turned my face when somewhere I met you,
Though I always wished you were near me when things were blue.
Never ever mailed or wrote
Though I had a lot to quote.
I know to you, these little things mean a lot
Now my only hope is that you forget-me-not.
I so badly wanted to stay in touch.
Yet I don’t know why I just couldn’t do too much.

My love, please forgive me
For all the pain that I might have given
I just wish you knew
Though words I have are few
I just cannot make it anymore without you.

So please take my hand again
Share with me all the happiness and pain.
But remember never ever to let go
Even if I tell you so!!
I am sorry my loveI really am
So let’s bury the bitterness of the past
Just make us “Forever last”
So let’s start a fresh chapter
And be together here after.
~Poet Pardesi

No comments: