Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The unsaid Part 13

Its almost thirteen parts now and I can't believe so many of you are reading this story!
I recently installed neoworkx blog tool on my blog and I am kind of hooked to it these days. It gives me a detailed list of visitors with the city name and state and also the flags are displayed in the side bar! Its quite a neat tool. Thank you people for visiting and perusing through my blog.
Read the previous parts in the sidebar under The Unsaid or check the previous posts in here's what you just missed!

Happy reading. I think I will follow The Unsaid with my next novel if I still have people left around to read on...


The Unsaid Part 13


Pete could not believe what he read and then he read it again. Then he picked up the phone and dialed Jennifer’s number.

“Hello, can I talk to Jennifer Please?”

“Ya! Speak up. It’s Jennifer.”

“Good morning, this is Peter Willard I don’t think you’ll remember me. We meet in your party last night and...”.

“Oh! I do remember you" she said and bit her lip. "now why did i do that?", she wondered. but he still stood out from the crowd and she still remembered he had asked her out.


'I’m sorry I was such a jerk. I came late and I did not know anything about your fiancĂ©. I am sorry.”

“Oh no! you don’t have to be sorry. It was not your fault. Really, Don’t embarrass me by saying sorry again”, and they chatted on for some more time. A few days later they bumped into each other at the laundry and were yapping away. Jenny began to think that this guy is ok and finally after a few weeks he summed up the courage and asked her out. He called her in the afternoon,“Ok, so are we still on tonight?”

“Sure”.

“Then I’ll come to pick you up at 8.30 in the evening.”

“Sure”

“Bye. See you then”.

“Bye”.

************** ************** ***********

It was seven in the evening when Allan returned home.

“Boy! What a day” he exclaimed as he sunk on the couch.

“Pete, are you in there”, he shouted.

“I’ll be out in just a minute”, he yelled back.

“Tell you what, Pete, people are more excited about Feb. 14th, than the wedding. I should have had my wedding on some other day. “We just got the cards and posted them”.

Pete came out, looking dashing in his Grey Armani suit.

“Hi Allan!” Allan turned around and let out a loud whistle.

“Whew! Pete. Gotta hot date tonight. You never wear your Armani, unless it’s someone special. Who’s the lucky girl?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

“Cool it man! I am getting married. I’m not going to steal your girl, I have my Irene and I am totally happy.”

“No offense Allan. But I’ll tell you about her very soon. I hardly know her.”

“Okay. But don’t forget my thousand bucks”, he pointed out at him.

“Okay. I won’t but I think we ought to sit and talk about it and now is not the time. Anyway, I gotta go now.”

It was 7:30. He checked himself, groomed his hair for the last time in front of the mirror and left.

To be continued...

No comments: