Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Unsaid part 9

Don't tell me I did not warn you. You are still here to read on with the story so better read
parts 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , 8. Badri has asked me to finish it soon or email him the rest of the stuff quickly...but the story is gonna take its own sweet time to finish. So hang in there!
The Unsaid Part 9
Jenny had started working again and she was delighted to have Vicky around. The two had a nice time together and were getting along very well. Jenny wondered why she hadn’t thought of having a room-mate earlier. Vicky had moved in on 7th of January. Boy! What a day it was.
Jenny was amazed at the persona of Vicky. She was very enthusiastic, witty and charming. It had been a week since she moved in and then finally found time to talk to each other.“So, where are you from Vicky? I am from Chicago. I started out as a small amateur writer”.
“Will you let me talk. I am from New Jersey. My folks live up there”.
“Hey! My brother lives in New Jersey.”
“Did you ever check up on my background at all? Or you just picked my name out of the lot. You did didn’t you” and they started laughing.The girls went shopping at Bloomingdale’s to celebrate Jenny’s B’day. It was on Jan 15th. Jenny went to pick up Steve from his friends place at Queens.
“Happy B’day Jenny” Steve gave a nice warm hug.
“Hi Steve! It’s good to see you again. So you got away with that free vacation from your friend at Florida. Now I won’t come cheap. Where’s my birthday gift?”
“For a start, I could tell you I may tie the knot, soon”
“That’s never going to work for me. That girl you were dating I think she’s kinda squint eyed. She’s not the one for you. Don’t tell me you’re going to marry her. Anyway that’s not my gift.”
“What well you do if I told you that I’m gonna get married to her and your gift’s waiting in your apartment?” she smiled at him.
“Its really nice to see you so happy Jenny, touch wood for that”.
“Ok! Big brother let’s check out what you’ve got me and anyway why did you ask me to come all the way up here to pick you up. Can’t you just take a cab or the train?”, she queried.
“Probably because I did not want to ruin the gift. It should surprise you. Shouldn’t it”

“Ok you win. I can’t argue with you Thanks for being there for me Steve. It really meant a lot to me. I don’t know what I’d have done without you.”

“Don’t even mention it kid. What are big brothers for anyway?”

“Bullying younger sisters!!” and they started laughing. It took them a real long time to reach Jenny’s apartment. The traffic was really heavy and Jenny kept honking “Crazy drivers”, she commented every now and then.
To be continued...

No comments: