Thursday, October 19, 2006

The unsaid Part 10

Read Part 9 which has links to the other posts
The Unsaid Part 10
The snow was heavy and it took a long time to clear the roads, even though they were working day and night. Steve was an attorney-at-law. He was in the best firm in New Jersey and was held in high esteem for his many successes. Both the Rodricks kids were successful in what they were doing. They couldn’t be happier for their kids. Steve like his father was an attorney. He idolized his old man. When he had told them about Charlotte and introduced them to her, they were very happy. They had always supported their kids in what they did and encouraged them to develop their own outlook in life. Jenny always showed interest in writing. She was the editor of the school magazine. One of her columns in the paper earned her fame. Then she thought, perhaps she could give a shot at writing stories and thus her career began. She never looked back after that. Andrew Adams (Andy) worked for the fox department in the WTC. He was a year senior to Jenny at school. He was Steve’s best friend and they were classmates. Andy’s folks and the Rodricks were very close friends. Initially when Steve knew that Andy was interested in Jenny, he was upset and would run havoc in the house.

"He’s a good for nothing. He’s Crazy”. He would go on like this endlessly. But later when he realized they were not goofing around and were really serious, he dealt with it. He was happy for them, what more could he do?

“This traffic is driving me crazy. You could have taken a cab, Steve and saved me all the trouble.”

“At least on your Birthday can’t you be nice to people!”

“Do you call yourself people?” I just love that series. It’s not like yours Jenny. They are original And Creative.

“Ok Steve, at least on my B’day can’t you give me a break or is it really too tough for you”

“Stop it. Don’t get so serious” I swear your series is the best in the whole wide world. Enough”

“Got you didn’t I?” and they started laughing again. They were really close to each other, even though they kept pulling each other’s leg, whenever they got the opportunity.“Do you remember your 16th B’day Jenny?”

“How could I forget that! It’s the best memory of my life. I wish I would live that time once more in my life”.

“Ya! What a great time we had, so tell me Jenny what is the business with this new roommate? Is she pretty?”

“She’s an angel. She’s really cute, but I don’t think she’ll fall for a loser like you. She’s smart, you know. Her name’s Victoria. You’ll meet her soon”.

“I am delighted to see you happy Jenny.”

“Stop that yapping, Steve I am already mad. This traffic’s driving me crazy. It takes me just half-an-hour to drive from Queens to Manhattan. This is really sick, I hate you Steve, you made me go through all this.”

“I’m sorry Jenny. I think it’ll be worth it, when you reach home.” They finally reached Manhattan and they reached Jenny’s apartment. She parked her car in the garage and they went up to the apartment. She put in the key and let herself in.“It’s strange. Why is it so dark there? Vicky, are you there?”, she said this as she switched on the lights.“Surprise”, they all yelled out.“Happy B’day Jenny”, they all yelled.


She blushed with joy. The doorbell rang and she went opened the door and there was a garden of flowers, lots of balloons and she was searching for a face amidst the balloons and purple orchids.“Happy B’day Jenny. This is my gift to you”, Steve yelled from behind her. There was a shocked expression on her face...

To be continued...

No comments: