Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Unsaid Part 5

If you are here, you oughtta read this first and then read on to follow the story
and the ones b4 that. Bharat I posted part 5 early ...since you said you were
Waiting...!!
The Unsaid Part 5
and...they were hotel reservations and tickets to Las Vegas.Jenny was 28 years old, a blonde, straight haired, (Probably the work of hair straighteners). She was quite beautiful in fact pretty cute. But she was still the kid sister, and when she saw the tickets, she screamed and started crying.They were not tears of joy “How could you, Steve?” she cried. “Now, stop crying Jenny. You’re not a kid. I know you’ve a cool head on your shoulders. Now I am coming along with you. I just want you to get over Andy. Its time to move on. Believe me Jenny! I know its tough, but can’t you give it a chance?”“ I can’t. I’m sorry Steve; it’s really tough on me. You won’t understand what I’m going thro’. You never will”.“Now, stop that Jenny. We’re going and that’s final. I’m your brother and I am sick of you cutting a sorry figure. You need a change”.That day Jenny reluctantly had to leave with her brother. She was gloomy throughout the journey. She never knew what was waiting for her and how everything was going to change.

***** ***** ***** *****
Pete’s folks left the day after Christmas. Pete felt happy to have entertained his family for Christmas. “Watch out for the next episode , you will find out why Cathy disappeared” the TV went on.“ why are you watching this thing again? Aren’t you tired of watching the re-runs, you crazy lunatic? Allan man what’s wrong with you?” Pete was chuckling.“well let me put it this way to you Pete. You must be a nut not watching this show man.”Pete kept laughing and Allan got serious. “ No man the writer of this sitcom Jennifer Rodricks is having some trouble in her personal life and she has stopped writing for this show, I heard rumors that her fiancĂ© passed away in the Sep 11 disaster. Not very sure about it though. She isn’t writing now. This is the series man. You must be dumb not to watch it okay. Don’t you ever read the papers man?” Allan gave a long speech and then he handed the magazine out to Pete saying, “ here read this man”Pete suddenly remarked, “ Hey man I have seen her somewhere”.“don’t tell me you used to date her in high school , Pete for crying out loud and well of course she must have dumped a jerk like you anyway.” Allan mocked.“ no Allan am dead serious man , am not kidding. I swear I have seen her somewhere.”“Gee!! Sorry to spoil your surprise man. I am in no mood for all your blah blahs!! Do you mind?” Allan kept teasing him.“ Allan c’mon man this is serious. She is a cute chick and you know I don’t forget such pretty faces so easily. And say, it’s not a bad idea after all. I would like to date her”, Pete was laughing as he said this out aloud and was still contemplating.Suddenly, “ that’s it Allan, I think she lives in the block opposite to ours. I ran into her last week. I told you I have seen her somewhere. I never forget such pretty faces man. I am not that old ok!!”
“ gimme a break Pete. Okay I believe every word you say and you can believe what I say now. Harry potter is a fiasco. Michael Jordan had an amazing comeback. Okay now we are even man” Allan laughed out aloud.
“ ok suit yourself. Tell you what, lets have a bet. I tell you I will take this girl out to dinner at least once ok. Who knows, she might be the one for me. What do you say Allan?”
Allan just thought for a little while and then nodded his head in total agreement “the bet is on Pete. I never miss the opportunity to make easy money and in your case it is a cakewalk man. Lets make it interesting say 1 grand?” Allan asked Pete.
Pete shook hands with Allan and said “ its on then Allan.”
“Gee!! I never knew that I could make money so easily without going to Vegas man” Allan exclaimed aloud.

to be continued...
next the unsaid part 6

No comments: