Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Leaf Peeping in the woods

I had recently been to the white mountains,New Hampshire and was inspired to write this.


Leaf Peeping in the woods!

The chirpy birds woke me up,
At the very break of dawn
Away from the warmth of my bed
Long before the moon's all gone.

I set out on the long,winding road
To catch a glimpse of paradise
Don't know why but...nature in all her beauty
Always has me enticed.

At a distance,I can see
The mountains towering high,
I drive on-its a cold day
With the sun out and a clear sky

A stop by the lake
So colorful,so serene
The foliage in the water,
Something new,something unseen

The long drive in the hills
Leading to paths unknown
In the whispering woods
A place I wish I can call my own

Somewhere lost in the gorgeous colors
I can hear the embellished gurgling stream
white pebbles et all-Craving for attention
Merely letting out a scream.

The leaves tinted with gold,
The ground spewing shades of red
The orange leaves still hanging on
All the trees just waiting to shed

Painted with the various
vibrant shades of fabulous fall
I went leaf peeping in the woods
Amidst the canopy of trees so tall

The sunset across the horizon
Matching the various shades of autumn
The sky looks riled up
Tinted all orange and crimson

I drive back on a deserted road
Away from the mixed sound and shade
Slowly as the leaves fall
The memories too will fade.


~Poet Pardesi.


pssstt...am following up this one with my photo blog about the visit. So watch out for this space.

6 comments:

Sats said...

No, the memories won't quite fade,
if the journey was cherished as such,
you may not remember the color of the leaves,
but you will remember the feeling, the space, the touch...

Loved it...

Rambler registries said...

@sats:That was just wonderful. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was abt to leave a comment and saw "sats" quote!...n forgot what I want to put-in here!...

A great expression from u too!...but fall comes back!!! may be the only time and instance you can say good times will come back and it happens only with nature..hence the most routine wonder of life!!!

Rambler registries said...

@bharat: Yes you are right. sathish is always good with words. Yup nature is always back with her good old times and you are always happy to enjoy that routine again. Memories to treasure always!

Geeglu said...

loving it with every read! good one.. :)

Geeglu said...

oops.. i meant loving it more with every read..