Friday, October 20, 2006

The unsaid part 11

Read the previous part part 10 to get links to all the other previous ones. Have a happy
diwali all of you all!


The unsaid Part 11

It was Andy standing in front of her."Happy B’day Jenny. I am really sorry for all that has happened.” He kissed her and took her in his arms.

“I was a crazy lunatic. I did not know what I was doing? I must’ve lost my mind to tell you all that crazy stuff.” She shrugged him away and went in.

“Andy! Why have you come back? I think you have made it a point, or rather your job, to see to that you hurt me in every possible way. You disappeared after Sep 11th. I thought you were dead and cried my heart out. I shut myself from the world. Shunned every thing in life. I could not sleep, eat, I was going crazy. I thought my life was over. Then my brother tells me its time to move on and I thought he was right and plan to start a new life in the New Year. Then Bang! You call me up and tell me all that crap. You think I bought all that! I am not that dumb Andy. You feel you can step in and out of relationships just like that. Your crap, talk, I am ashamed to admit it, but its true, made me think if we were really meant to be. I started facing life with a whole new perspective. I am thankful to you for that. We were never meant to be. Then just when I had made my peace, you came crawling back, and once more try to wreck my happiness, by showing up on my birthday, why can’t you leave me alone?”, saying this she ran out to the balcony.Andy was dumbfounded.

He never imagined that his Jenny would react in such a hell of a way. He never thought she would get over him.

“It’s ok Andy. She’s just terrified, and what’s all this calling? Have you already talked to her. If what she has said is true. Then I guess you must leave”.

“Yes, Steve and I think its best for the both of us that I should just leave.” And he left.

Steve went to console Jenny. It was too cold outside.

“It’s freezing out here Jenny. Come on in. Don’t ruin your birthday for some Andy, you don’t care about. How come you never told me all this?” and he ran in, and came back with a jacket.

“Here, put this on”, and she did.“I did not want to ruin your day, Steve. I was happy” and she started sobbing.

“Now, stop that. I don’t like to see you cry. You have got it off your chest and now come out and have some fun. I’ll see to that he never bothers you again.” He managed to convince his sister by his usual magic and charm, and they came back in.
“Listen up people,” Steve caught the attention of everyone.“Now that we’re here why don’t we have some fun? It's a birthday party not a funeral! I’d like to propose a toast to my wonderful sister. Jennifer who’s turning, oops!! I can’t sat how old she is she’ll kill me if I did, that’s why cake has only one candle, of course multiplied by infinity, on the icing. She’s the best sister you can ever wish for. She’s also a terrific writer. Though I admit, I personally don’t like her series, people still think she’s great. Just kidding. She’s the best ever. Let’s hear it for the award winning Jennifer Rodricks. Cheers!!”, and they all raised their glasses for the toast and the party began.

Pete had been invited to the party as Vicky’s friend, but he was hesitant. He thought about it for a long time. Allan was not home. He was busy with arrangements for his wedding and he was planning to meet his folks.

“I think I must go. I am not sure. I’ll buy some flowers, not the purple orchids, na… they are unlucky.” He bought a bouquet, trying to be polite. He went into Jenny’s apartment, unaware of all the incidents that had happened earlier. He was unlucky once again. He went up to Jenny, and introduced himself.

“I am Peter Willard, a fashion designer”. “Ya! I’ve heard about you. But how come you’re here? My brother just adores your designs”.“I am a friend of Vicky’s”.

“I should have known, only she gets all the great looking guys in town”, she said this in a cautious tone.

“We’re just friends. Not what you think,” he said .

“This is unbelievable. I can’t believe this is happening. Some body pinch me”, thoughts just whorled on in his mind.

Jenny was not drunk, she thought, “Why am I flirting with this guy, when I’m not drunk?” She had no answer.

“I’d like to take you out for dinner some time Ms Jennifer. Oops! I forgot. Happy Birthday” and he handed her the bouquet.

“I don't know about that but may be sometime definitely”, she said.

“Sure then.” he walked on. “Okay”, she said. she did not know why but this guy was different and he stirred up feelings inside her.

"Am I so cheap then? That I fall for the next guywho comes and flirts with me??" she shrugged it off thinking it was just a rebound.

To be continued...

No comments: