Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The unsaid Part 2

If you are here at this post you must probably read this first
The unsaid part 1

It probably will not make any sense to you reading this part 2 after part 1 either..but just to help you out. This was my first try at writing something called a novel!

The unsaid part 2

She thought it was a mail from one of her crazy, cranky fans. She smiled at this thought. She had not been writing for almost two months now. Now this really upset her, and she collected herself and got into the elevator.She then went inside her apartment, unlocking the door, and switched on the lights and let out a shrill shriek.“You jerk! You scared the hell outta me. What in God’s name are you doing here? And don’t tell me you cooked and gimme another shock”, she pummeled her fist into the arms of her elder brother Stephen Rodricks.
“Jenny! Remember its Christmas! Huh!” he gave her a scornful look.“What am I doing here? Well that’s just like you isn’t it? The same dumb Jenny. I just came here to check if things were alright in this city. DUH!!!” he chuckled.Jenny gave him a very fiery look and then exclaimed, “Of course! I should have known. That’s what you do for a living!!” she mocked him. “I can’t believe that you are still stuck with that good for nothing job. Great work Steve!!” and they started laughing. Steve was thrilled to see her laugh. It seemed like years.“So are you going to meet the folks for the vacation?” Steve enquired hesitantly.The smile suddenly vanished from Jenny's face. It was as if someone had turned a smiley face into a grumpy one all of a sudden by rotating the smile.
“You know everything Steve and still you’re asking me this”, she screamed at him.
“Don’t you know that I am in no mood for celebrations? Not after what happened, why me?
Why me? I must not cry, I know that Steve but still it hurts, it hurts real bad. I know I must be strong. I would still ask why me? Why me?” and she broke down.
“ I know Jenny. I know its tough. I am sorry if I have hurt you. You know very well how much I love you and how much I wanted to see you two together. But now it’s over Jenny. Face it! You oughtta move on. I can’t see you like this, it hurts me Jenny”.“ Look tell you what, let’s treat ourselves to a royal dinner of burned toasts and slimy drinks. What do you say?” Steve tried to get her out of the melancholy.As she heard this, she couldn’t help laughing. “Thanks for coming down here, Steve. It really means a lot”, she just hugged him and sobbed.They had a quiet dinner. “Well I’m gonna sleep like a log”, Jenny kissed her brother good night, and turned in for the night.Steve changed and fixed himself a martini. He couldn’t but help think about Jenny and her fiancĂ©, her soul mate, the love of her life, Andy. He was working at one of the offices at WTC. He went to his office for his morning shift on September 11th. Jenny and Andy were scheduled to be married on the 12th of September. It was a complete disaster and Jenny’s life had gone down a roller coaster.Jenny was sleeping like a baby. She had forgotten all about the white envelope.
***********************************************************************************
The alarm was ringing for a really long time and had already gone off. Pete woke up screaming.“Oh! My god! I am terribly late”, throwing the usual morning tantrum.“Man! Just shut up and start. Don’t spoil my sweet sleep”, Allan pleaded in a commanding tone.Peter Willard was a fashion designer. He was a simple working hard kinda guy. He just got out of a relationship owing to his fear of commitment. He was not seeing anyone now. Well you could simply say that he was available. He had just moved into New York, and the whole experience was enthralling. It was as if he was starting a whole new life. He had almost everything and he just wanted to change his old car. Pete enjoyed being in Manhattan. He was always fascinated by the sheer thought of working in this tall city. He enjoyed the walks in Central Park, the busy bee life in the city. The cell phone hunks, the beautiful skyscrapers, the crowded subways, he always wanted to be here and live the life of a New Yorker. It was just amazing. He was, infact, now living in his dream. Very few in a million get to realize their dreams and here he was famous and quite rich, living his dream.Pete started his car and left for his show. Pete was enjoying every moment in New York. Though the trade was affected due to the mishaps, he was doing pretty well.He was tall, dark and handsome. His models used to comment that he should give a shot at modeling. He was graduated from The University of California, Santa Barbara. His grad school had helped him a lot and he had come up with the idea of opening his shop at New York, his dream city.

************************************************************************************

to be continued....

1 comment:

Badri said...

gud start. how the roller coaster gonna end !!