Friday, October 27, 2006

The unsaid part 15

I really enjoyed writing part 15. Subtle conversations...less of a conversation more of a monologue. Have a nice weekend you all! Halloween is around the corner...
dont forget to read the previous parts before moving on to this one.



The unsaid part 15

They left the apartment. “So tell me, where we are going Peter”


“Pete, you can call me Pete. How about a nice dinner at the French Restaurant. It’s new in town and I’ve dined there. It’s amazing. I hope you’ll like it” They tried to while away time as they got down the elevator making small talk. Pete walked her to his car and opened the door. They got in and it was very tense. Jenny was too reserved to talk. He was too dumbstruck.

“So is that an Armani you are wearing?” she enquired. “Oh God! At last something to talk about. Let him not answer in one word. Why did I ever get into this. Who am I trying to be? What am I trying to prove?” she was talking to herself.

“Yes it is. You may wonder why I’m not wearing one from my own collection. To tell you the truth, I think stink at designing. How great does it feel to parade and strut around in your Armani. The feelings awesome”, he bragged.

“I think I’m talking a lot. Shut up now! Or else she’s going to get out of the car and walk out.” But he did not listen.

“You look great. The pearls bring out the color of your eyes”.

“Thank you”, she blushed, she did not know why. “It never happened with Andy”, she thought.

“You Moron! You should have told her that as you walked in the apartment or at least as you entered the car. Now it looks as if you are complimenting her just because she talked about your suit. You are a complete fragment of crap, sent by God. Only he can save you”.

“The traffic is real bad, these days isn’t it?” he wondered.

“Tell me about it. Yesterday afternoon I was driving from queens. It was one helluva drive. I never thought I’d reach Manhattan.” “This is interesting isn’t it. We’re talking to each other. Who am I kidding? This is a total disaster”, Jenny wondered quietly.

“You want to listen to some music”, he said this as he put on the radio. It was rocking a beautiful number of Bryan Adams, “have you ever really loved a woman”. “What happened to all that you wanted to talk about. You did not sleep last night remember. “I am saving it for dinner. What’ll we talk then. I am not that dumb” Pete was fighting with himself.

“When will we reach the restaurant? I think he’s taking me to a restaurant in France not the French Restaurant. God! Why is it taking so long?” she thought. Both were so busy with their thoughts that they forgot to talk to each other. Both had an interesting conversation with themselves and they finally reached the restaurant

to be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey priya..

ur novelz so interesting that i find them short for one part. so plz... publish two parts together... we will get to read more.

Rambler registries said...

@anonymous: am sure I know you, since you know my name. I dont intentionally break them into parts..just post them! so read on and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rambler,
Thank you for posting your writing.
I've enjoyed reading your blog.

Rambler registries said...

@annie&lo:thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rambler,
Thank you for dropping in on my blog. I look forward to seeing you again.